You know the usual. There’s nothing going on and nowhere to go for absolutely ages, then in the space of a couple of weeks there are loads of things happening. Well that’s us at the moment. In the last couple of weeks we’ve had it all: school tours, Sheridan’s Food Festival, Bloom and Taste of Dublin, a tractor run AND a Christening so blog posts are becoming very thin on the ground of late.
Last Sunday, whilst feeling the effects of too many late nights (of the sober variety might I add…) I was up early as always with child #2. On a Sunday morning we’d nearly always have rashers for breakfast. It’s kind of tradition at this stage. So off I went, dragging myself to the fridge, opening it to find NO RASHERS. Now what was I going to do? I went off and made a cuppa then looked in the fridge again just to be sure. No flippin rashers. Did I want to get dressed and go to the shop and buy a packet of rashers? Not really – Sunday is a lazy day in my house and that would require way too much effort.
So I got up and went searching for something else when I remembered this:
Although how I managed to forget about it considering all the effort I went to to get it I don’t know. I read the label on the jar for suggestions, one of which being B.L.T. so that’s what I did and it tasted gorgeous. So nice infact that I think I’m going to have one now. Will you join me?
What You Need:
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 tomato
- 1 – 2 leaves lettuce
- Ed Hick’s Bacon Jam – use as much or as little as you like!
What To Do:
- Heat a drizzle of oil on a frying pan and throw your tomatoes on to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Warm each of the tortilla for less than a minute on each side (careful they don’t burn!)
- Spread each wrap with bacon jam
- Sprinkle with the tomato and cover with lettuce
- Place the second tortilla on top and press down lightly
Cut into quarters and enjoy with a nice cuppa!